Sunday 11 July 2010

'I grew up around drugs and gangs' Alicia Keys


Alicia Keys has admitted that she had a "tough" upbringing growing up in the Hell's Kitchen area of New York City. With Fabulous in an interview, the superstar R&B has claimed that she was golden to have a solid support system at home that included her mother and grandmother."Growing up for me was tough. I could have gone any way. I grew up around drugs and gangs and I knew kids who got involved in both," the 29 year old said."I was lucky that I had my mother and my grandmother. I was a tough kid but I didn't want that to be my future. It makes me sad to think that some of my friends had no escape."Keys currently revealed that she is engaged and expecting her first child with rapper/producer Swizz Beatz.

No comments:

Post a Comment