Friday 8 July 2011

Alicia Keys with a special acoustic concert to celebrated her career

Alicia Keys with a special acoustic concert to celebrated her career.

Reading Festival

The singer's recent Grammy win her first album Songs in A Minor marked the 10th, anniversary. Tribute paid to her home city of New York as she performed to a crowd of fans at the Beacon Theatre.

Keys how she had to spend hours riding the subway in New York told the audience, adding: "The city really wrote a lot of that first album."

Keys recently described her debut album as her "coming of age", adding: "I think that people related to Songs in A Minor because it was just my truth at that time. I just wanted to be myself, and being myself was like being every girl I knew, you know? Being every girl in Harlem, in Brooklyn, in Queens. So I think people really could, hopefully, feel that."

She has also revealed that she has big plans for the future, saying: "I want to get into theatre on Broadway, in regards to writing and producing. I want to write and produce film and continue to act. There is so much more that I have to say and so many powerful ways I want to do it."

No comments:

Post a Comment